11/6/11

Orphan Sunday...not what I thought it would be.

Today was Orphan Sunday. A day where churches are asked to bring attention to the almost 150 million orphans around the world. This plight of the orphan is not a distant problem across the ocean. The starving orphans you see on tv are not some other country's problem. Right now in the place you live there is a child with no mother or father. This may be because of death, it may be because of abuse, it may be because they simply do not have the resources to care for their child.

Our Sunday looked a lot different than I thought it was going to be. We were supposed to bring home a little baby boy yesterday. We were planning on meeting our newest member of the Schroeder household.

It didn't happen. Birthmom is trying to decide what she wants to do. This was not our plan. It hurts. I don't understand it. We have no idea what is going to happen with this situation.

We only to prayer and continue to believe what God tells us. He loves, He is faithful, and He only wants good for us. He knows that there is a baby that needs a family. This baby is only an hour away from my home. A home that is filled with a mom and dad who can pray together, cry together, and watch old tv shows together. A mom and dad who are being honest with their kids and talk about being upset but knowing that God has a plan. A home that has three boys who want a new sibling. Boys who are watching a movie together and building legos.

There is no promise that says His way will be easy, we are told that in fact it won't be. I know that we are going to add to our family and He knows how and when. I am sad tonight for us and a baby I have never met. But, I am resting in His promises.

4 comments:

  1. Just covering you guys (and this new mom) in prayers and love, friend. I hope...oh, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this Jana. I'm so sorry and my heart hurts for you. Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete