12/1/11

Ten Years....Ten Whole Years People!!!



So ten years ago I was a bride today. I got to wear a dress that made me feel like a princess complete with a tiara. I wore earrings my groom gave me and a necklace too. I carried the bible my mom carried on her wedding day. I was so ready to start this life with this man who was crazy about me.

We did it. We said "I DO!" and kissed the best kiss I had ever had. It was our first married kiss and it was perfect. We danced, ate cake, laughed a lot, and kissed even more. And then I'm sure we kissed some more.

There are things that I will always remember from that day:

*Being so nervous all day because I didn't have Josh there beside me

*Seeing him for those few moments alone before the pcitures and ceremony and having all my nerves disappear.

*Our first dance...not wanting it to end.

*Feeling so grateful to all the people who came and celebrated with us.

*Knowing this was it! I was going to be a part of a life with someone forever.

I got our album out and showed the boys. That is a interesting experience! They are so honest. And they loved it. I did too. I loved seeing the anticipation, the smiles, the excitement. I love that we had no clue what our next ten years would look like!

In ten years we have had three kids, are in the process of adding another one, moved five times, got introduced to type 1 diabetes, and grown a lot closer to God. We laughed about the fact that we thought we would be in Paris for our 10 year anniversary. We thought we would probably have two kids by then. We were sure we would be living overseas. God's plan was way better and much less self absorbed.

This guy I married has changed so much and in some ways not at all! The stubborness is still there, but now with a passion for his family. The wise cracking is mixed in with silliness with the boys. The desire to lead has become a desire to lead his family. The intelligence he has always had has been used to explain the big things in life to his sons.

I really like this guy that God picked out for me. Our ten married years (eighteen if you throw in dating!) have been loud, busy, and loving. Bring on the next ten!

No comments:

Post a Comment