4/26/11

Home Visit: Check



Today was our home visit. This is the part of our home study where our social worker comes to our home and talks to all of our family. Yep, even the two year old. See why I was nervous?

So we had to get the baby's space ready. Cade and the baby will be sharing a room, which meant Cade got moved to a big boy bed. He is so excited about it and now the crib is for "de baby". I love how the room turned out. Since we don't know what gender we are getting I had to do something that would work for two boys or a boy and a girl. So we went "vintage schoolhouse". Navy, red, and khaki. Letters, Dick and Jane books, and even an old school desk.

Today was spent cleaning and telling the boys "don't touch that" and "keep the toilet clean". So our case worker came and was gone in about thirty minutes. I'm not sure why it is so stressful but it is. Good thing we love our case worker. She is so sweet and very down to earth. Plus she liked my boys. The boys were hyper of course but didn't say anything crazy like "dad makes us sleep outside".

The best part of the day?? I came home from getting pictures of our house printed and found a fun pot of flowers on my porch. The card wasn't signed but it came at the perfect time. I was about to get frazzled but the card made me stop and realize God has this. He has a plan for this journey and I need to let Him take it.

And now my house is clean.

2 comments:

  1. glad it went well! really? only 30 minutes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 minutes?!?!?!

    I like your "keep the toilet clean"! Haha! I asked John yesterday if I was going to have to clean toilets daily for the rest of my life. Sheesh! Little boys!

    We need to get together soon. I want to live vicariously through you guys. I feel like our adoption is never going to happen. Discouraged a little? Hmm...maybe.

    ReplyDelete